Do I need a visa? How can I apply for a visa?
All foreign nationals traveling to India require a valid Indian Visa, except nationals of Nepal & Bhutan. Nepalese or Bhutanese citizens need no passport or visa but should possess suitable identification issued by the governments of their respective countries. You can apply for a visa from the Embassy or High Commission (or Consular section at Embassy or High Commission) in your country of residence. See Indian Missions Abroad section.
When should I apply for my visa?
You can apply for your visa 02 weeks prior to your date of travel. Visas are generally processed on the same day, so you can get a visa the day you are traveling, though it is advisable to get the visa before, thus ensuring that you get the visa of the period and validity per your requirements.
For how long would my Indian Business visa be valid?
The validity of your visa will depend on the service you request. Visas to India are always valid for a minimum 90 days, tourist visas are generally granted for 06 months. Multiple entry Visas valid for 6 months to 10 years are also available. The validity and period of issuance of the Visa is at the discretion of the Embassy or High Commission issuing the visa and depend on the documentation you have provided.
What fees do I have to pay to obtain an Indian Business visa?
The fee for the India tourist visa depends on the length of validity. For up to 6 months the fee is Rs. 2800, for 06 months to 01 year, the fee is Rs. 4000 and for more than 01 year to 10 years the fee is Rs. 6500. Please check with your nearest Embassy/ High Commission for latest/revised visa fees.
What requirements should I fulfill to get a Business visa to India?
To get an Indian tourist visa, you must have:
- A passport valid for at least 06 months from the proposed date of travel, with at least two blank pages.
- Completed application form. Nationals of Pakistan and Bangladesh must complete special application forms. For special cases and people with dual nationality or long term residents of countries other than their own, may be required to complete additional application forms. Personal interviews in some cases may also be necessary. (Some regions are considered Yellow Fever infected by the Government of India, in such cases proof of vaccination must be submitted along with the completed application form).
- Two recent passport-size photos (no older than 06 months). Nationals of Pakistan will require five photographs.
- Fee as per Visa requested (cash, postal orders or bank drafts only).
- Stamped self addressed special delivery envelopes